View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 11:59 PM

Flytrapper,

As per statements made by yourself in your thread "New Gun" I am aware you are interested in Hunting and are 14 years of age. As such, I understand why your statements here are what they are. If and when you harvest your first game animal, perhaps you will then understand how one can have great respect for and care deeply about an animal one Hunts. I wish you all the best in life and for many happy and safe years afield should you choose to step foot there in the future.

One bit of wisdom that I shall offer you concerning rural life is that relocating problem wildlife onto the property of a neighbour is not good, in fact it is a highly disreputable tact to take. If such an action were discovered, it may well lead to serious problems with said neighbour in the future. In short - this is highly unethical behaviour.

CalgaryChef,

I was operating under the auspices of you being a grown adult. I see I was off base on the matter. I too was having some fun in my reply to yourself and I get the intent of your prior post. The cat mention was a part of this as well as linked to the mutilation aspect as mentioned in doing so. None the less, stating you are "against" something implies you have a problem with others conducting said activity and believe such acivity should not occur and/or be illegal. This seems especially so when seperate mention is made of your own actions on the matter as demonstrated by your closing statement in your first post on this thread.

As you can see by reading the Forum Rules/Preamble there are many people of all ages (a high number of whom are children) whom read posts here on Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum. As such, I believe responsibility and Ethics should be highlighted at all times. FlyTrapper (a young urbanite with an interest in the Outdoors) seemed to believe what you stated as per relocation on to a neighbours property as actually reasonable where as you and I know perfectly well how terrible that is. Alas, we are not the only ones reading this Forum.

Your actions in this thread meet the definition of an internet troll to be sure -

"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

It is clear that the intent of this thread as concieved by the Original Poster is to recieve Porcupine elements for craft purposes and as such is pro-Porcupine harvest. You may not care about the species as a game animal (yes, I know it is not regulated as a game animal in Alberta). On the other hand, one of my favourite things about Alberta is that they may be freely harvested, unlike in many other jurisdiction such as British Columbia. Perhaps you would be better served to relocate to such a jurisdiction. Same goes for others who wish to besmirch Porcupine harvest.

It is a rarified interest for the most part and I am very exciting to read a thread on the topic. Hopefully this thread and others like it will be left alone in the future to proceed pleasantly.

Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 11-29-2013 at 12:26 AM.