View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 07:35 PM

Default Monday, Dec 23rd.

Participated at the A/O Fish-off at Brownlow’s yesterday, today it was back to Sylvan, seen the C/O’s at the town site main beach area doing his thing. Drove over to Norglenwold boat launch could see a number of guys out on the ice but only one brave soul drove on. There were a number of vehicles parked at the road access on the lake shore you couldn’t get past these guys, it was worst that at the shopping mall, decide to go back to RR23.

Lots of activity for a Monday, it was above freezing, there were 12-15 vehicles on the ice, so I decided to drive on and join the crowd. Guys were putting up their shacks and we had a small plane land next to us for a visit, ice was approx 14“ thick ( 12“ dark/ 2-3“ white). Found a spot that looked promising and got set up around noon. There were a lot of Whites hunting but not all that aggressive they appeared interested but it was an hour of trying different presentations that finally produced my first fish. Caught 3 Whites kept the largest and released the others; all three were on the same wire worm. One of my creations a #14 small hook in brass with brown glass bead had a small Walleye clamp down on a yellow Wire Worm with a red bead. I was shallow next to a weed bed with tall tube weeds in 5 FOW, I could see the fish moving back & forth, I finally matched something that looked appealing, my guess the minnows they were chasing see the pic’s. The White also had a number of Caddis larva, don't they look yummy? Didn’t see any Pike, Perch or Burbs today.

Bought a new chair for the shack, this one is worth recommending, it’s called a Directors Chair got it at Cabella’s & you sit much higher and don’t bend over as much staring into the hole, also like the side table, the other gadget is the remote camera tripod, I set it up about 10 ft behind my hole, the fish aren’t camera shy and you can pan the entire area when your board. Only con is when it’s super cold, you need to go out to break the ice in the hole, or put a 5 gal pail over it to prevent the hole from freezing.

Here’s a few pic’s from today .... enjoy!

Zip-Z