View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarliesDonkey View Post
^^ wow. That's one heck of a story. I've wanted to do a spot and stock since i had a bear run me out of a ground blind a couple years ago while i was deer hunting. Bear finally took off in the right direction but left me in need of a change of shorts, lol.

Ive figured a spot and stock hunt would get the fear out of me, haha.

There was a split second where i didnt know if he was coming at me or going the other way - just a big blur of motion. I had a rifle and as quick as they move i'm doubtful i could have put a shot where i needed to.

Whats your shot placement when one is coming right at you?
:d on that particular shot I didnt have much time...split seconds...it was on a cut line we drove trucks down...he was on left tire trail coming most of the way at ten yards it moved from left tire rut trail to left slight quartering towards...I aimed at base of neck on bears right chest...was shooting a Bear two blade Razorback then ...the head passed tru entire body slamming on heavy leg bone and exited...the second generation of Razorback had a chizel type tip instead of tradionial pointed tip ...the tip curled backward like a question mark....it hit so many vitals that the bear devoped a serious leak...and was down in a second on the run...

Still have that head in my display in the shop!!

Wouldnt be my choice of a shot on any bear anytime with a bow ...theres a golf ball size spot on bears chestbone when it has its head up...which is seldom...

Hungry bears will nearly always give you a broadside shot unless super edgy...if bear is edgy and nervous....wait a bit there is most likely a bigger bear around...its not your scent!!

Neil