Thread: #1 Boating Rule
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHOOCH View Post
So on Friday afternoon a friend of mine was fishing Twin Valley......all good until his motor crapped out, he was out there with his 2 sons. There was a boat that drove right past them as they were waving life jackets and cooler top, the driver looked straight at them and decided it was a inconvience to tow them the 5 minutes back to the launch. I really do hope and don't believe anyone on this forum would neglect another person who is in distress. My other fishing buddy made the drive from Calgary and went and saved them (true friend). My message to the moron who obviously doesn't know the rules or is just chosing to ignore them........KARMA IS A BITCH!!!!!!!
I brought my Dad fishing once a long time ago to LacSteAnne and we were just heading out when we started dragging bottom. We had a small14ft aluminum then so it was no big deal we just had to take the point a little wider. We were watching this guy launch his large inboard type boat then watched him pin in between us and the point we just touched bottom on. We tried to wave to this guy and it was obvious that we were making eye contact but he decided not to slow down and see what we needed or were trying to tell him.
All we could do was watch this pinhead rip his btm leg almost right off. Actually at that point I rather enjoyed watching it. Ironically another small boat came to his aid and towed him in.
Mariners rule buddy Lol.