Thread: Tiger trout
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
The individual who I was speaking with works for AEP and he is the one that told me the provincial government makes changes every 5 years. Why it is 5 years or how exactly it works I do not know but he made it clear our province makes the changes and it just hasn't happened yet because the last change happened just before the tiger trout were stocked. They did ask the feds to make the change since they wanted it to happen before the next 5 year change but the feds haven't been bothered to do it at least not yet.

It is easy to just blame the feds but for some reason we have this crappy system while other provinces do not. Time for our provincial government to step up and fix the system by creating provincial legislation and reducing the federal legislation to only what it needs to be. For an example of a better system dig into the way SK is set up, much better and they make changes every year and don't run into ridiculous cases and excuses like this tiger trout fiasco and the barbless hooks situation etc.
You were misinformed.