View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 08:53 PM

I find venting is a good option, actually the whole over all package is the best.

The OP mentioned tree stand and staying warm.
Here is an idea that is on going even today.
More like a life long quest.

I've been adding to my all weather suit this year.

So for so good as its light, flexible, and warm in all configurations.

It's normally in the back-pack mode, Coat, coveralls, bibawack, tent, ground blind, or over night hang-out at the users choosing.

If it's raining or snow I turn it into a long coat.

It can be 1 of 1 or 1 of 3 depending on each situation.

About $140 Cnd funds.

Thin liner on the body, puffy liner over that to trap air, water proof liner, then cammo outer shell.
I added blue flex yoga mat material in 1" strips to all areas that will have contact on the ground.

Rear sections, hips, knees, elbows, shoulders.
That way there is padding and warm insulation between frozen ground and user,,, these strips are sew'en into small pillow squares that I can move around till I find the correct spots where they work best.

These pads fit under the camo gear up against the water proof liner.

Water tight zippers are soon to be added to the 10 venting areas,,, snap/ buckle cinch straps on the out side opening as back-up.

The suit is extra extra large, the straps tighten it up firm when walking in buck brush areas.

This is my 8th or 10th build over the years,,, this suit is the best to date since its super light, flexible and warm.
Venting is a must as it allows the material to breath so moisture can escape.

Many of us have done the clothing layer thing over the years, my original plan was to improve on this with less steps...
The idea came to me from telemark sking, mountain hiking, and off shore work,,, its by far the best adventure so far. Making improvements of models that are out there pushes my limits. I find it rewarding and challenging.

Friends and family have helped alot at getting this going, my sister has been the driving force behind this idea.

The main main plan behind this was to bring this to folks with no home or shelter. To weather life in the out-doors is hard,,, hopefully I can bring this to those in need.

I won't know this till I share it with others of like minded interests.

In the meantime I improve on this each year.
Wouldn't it be nice to walk into the bliss like a caveman or women going some where no where.

Animals tell us alot,,, purhaps us humans will have this option to push these limits into the wilds,,, innovation of ideas might take us there.

Just sharing an idea of what might or might not work.
Each of us choose what we're after. Taking advantage of this pushes the limits.

Don