View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
Wow; They are bred to be bird dogs not fighting or attack dogs. Seldom a trip to the dog park or release site doesn't result in at least one dog coming up for a visit. If my dog attacked another dog or person because it was inside his "invisible" comfort zone it would be his last trip out. If someone's dog attacked my dogs while walking, the owner better have a good vet and lawyer.

Any animal will protect its owner and property to a certain extent but aggressive animals are the insecurity of the owner not a representation of the breed. And yes I have had Chessys and have one now. He was neutered as soon as he started acting stupid.
You intentionally read past the details bud.

Chesapeakes were bred to act as guard dogs along with working retrievers. This is fact. And a properly bred Chesapeake maintains an authoritarian demeanor. Mine would never attack a human, or a dog. It would defend his space against uncontrolled dogs asserting dominance. Again, you read past the details, on purpose. Ive had one issue in 4 years. An offleash male dog, tail high up in the air, that decided he would further his point by doing the old my head is to be rested on top of your head because I'm the boss - routine. This was after I vocally instructed the owner to recall their dog as mine was busy training/working - with dummies at my feet, as my dog was heeling by my side and glued to my hip. If youre dog waddled up to my dog, while my dog was under control by myself while yours was off leash and not within arm lengths of you, you bet you better have a good lawyer man as that's negligence. As far as insecurities....youre trolling as I have no idea what that even means. But carry on

If I didn't articulate it well enough, my apologies.

Last edited by wildside2014; 01-27-2017 at 03:05 PM.