View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathewsZ7 View Post
How many of theses guys saving and scrimping to fill the freezer are putting in for coveted tags such as suffield antlered elk, mountain moose, Trophy sheep draws? I would think if they are that hard up they would be hunting meat animals that are more of a guaranteed harvest and would be after cow elk, cow moose, antlerless deer etc so would an increase on trophy tags would really affect them would it??
agreed, if your a meat hunter or that hard up you are not going to spend thousands on a sheep hunt, or any other expensive hunt requiring a lot of $$ regardless of the tag cost. The tag cost isn't even on my radar for cost when i go hunting. Fuel, food, gear, guns, accomodations if required are what cost you not the $10 chuck is proposing to enter a draw or a $150 tag cost if that were the case.

Not trying to reduce anyones hunting opportunities but lets be realistic if someone can't afford a $10 draw and a $150+ tag, how are they supose to execute a 438 sheep hunt or a mountain goat hunt??

I think as Chuck has said increasing the draw & or special licence cost even if marginally would make you re-prioritize what you wanted to hunt. I know i would drop 4 - 6 of the 10 draws I put in for. General season licences wouldn't be effected so don't see the issue myself. I have never pulled a tag and am waiting my turn in the draws like everyone else in the mean time I have had no issue finding things to hunt in general season. Sheep, elk, deer, bear lots to choose from.