View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 11:11 PM

Evening, gents

I've just been getting back into rifles/hunting after many years away from it all. My first purchase recently was a BLR pistol grip standard (not takedown).325 WSM. Easily the best gun I've owned for a lot of reasons mentioned here already.. it just 'fits' well, handles great, the groups are small (with the right ammunition!) the action is smooth, it's just a nice tight gun, feels like it belongs on my shoulder....

Anyhow... to other comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker View Post
I heard concerns regarding trigger being too stiff but found mine to be great.
Yes.. I've found the trigger on my BLR to be the only significant rub... it IS a bit tough. Not serious, really.

Quote:
This one has the pistol grip but of the two, I prefer the 81 stock.
Heh sorry.. I definitely like the pistol grip ver better... just prefer the feel and look...

Quote:
Of all the research I had done regarding the BLR, I found most of it to be heresay. Guys on various forums saying " I heard they are...". After using the BLR I found any negatives to be unfounded. You will love your new BLR.
Exactly what I've found. I read a lot and find all kinds of commentary, but comments by people who actually own them seem very positive, and more closely match what I've found with mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
As far as your scope I don't think you would be too far off with a 2.5-8 VX3
That is exactly what I have on mine, I think its proportions are pretty much perfect for the gun, and overall a good match. It's a 36mm, but still gathers plenty of light. Too much larger *may* lean towards a top-heavy look, detracting from the classy lines of the gun and I don't really see it being necessary.

My next purchase is very likely going to be a .243, and my experience with my first has me leaning heavily toward a BLR takedown. From what I've been hearing, my one concern is pretty much a non issue... I was worried it might be off once dis- and re-assembled. Seems that's not really a problem, from a number of sources. For those that would continue to be concerned about that, there IS the option to mount the scope up front, but Ill be sticking with rear mount for mine and hope for it staying accurate when reassembling.

Good luck with your decision!

-FL