View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 01:19 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Thanks Sheephunter........great video. I though that you might respond to this thread. I'll have a look at the data page later on.

With your rifle, did you find that sighting in at 200 yards was more beneficial than sighting in at 100 yds because of what the data said?

I wonder if the data for the Zeiss would work with my Burris scope as well. The magnification wouldn't change and I'm thinking that the hash marks should be the same???
The primary reticle does not change zero when magnification is adjusted so it seems reasonable to have a 200 yard zero. That way I can adjust magnification lower for close range shots. There'd be no real advantage to a 100 yard zero plus the secondary hashmarks likely wouldn't work as well. They are designed around a 200 yard zero for most cartridges. Remember they are yardage indicated so you actually want #4 to be 400 yards and #5 to be 500 yards and so on.

The Zeiss data will not work for the Burris as the sub tension of the secondary reticles would be different. Zeiss has a pretty tight patent on their system.