View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
A part of discussing the mass shootings in the USA has to include discussion regarding guns because they are a part of the equation. But, the phenomenon which is prevalent in the USA is complicated by the culture that has resulted in a general desensitization regarding gun violence. Canadians are different in that respect.
Yes and no

My nephews wife is a nurse , got a job in Wetaskiwin in the ER. She was told to expect to see gunshot wounds on a regular basis. I think we don't hear much about gun violence on purpose. She didn't stay their very long.

I think there is probably more going on that what we actually know. Many things are not reported if they happen In certain areas. Local papers will report but that's as far as it goes.

Lots of violence that happens without guns that never makes the news. I think we are getting to used to hearing about violence that it doesn't surprise people anymore. Guns , stabbings beatings. Not always a death involved but people being hurt.

Depending on where you live will also make a difference, I grew up around Wetaskiwin and not many thing surprise me.

US has a problem, how to fix it is beyond banning or restricting a firearm. Taking the tool away won't solve the problem. How to fix the problem is something that I can't comprehend because it is a senseless act.

Perhaps violence shouldn't be glorified in the media, music and Hollywood?