View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 09:24 PM

Default Rifled Barrel Slug Gun Problem

So back in July i ordered the 12 Gauge SXP Extreme Deer Hunter (rifled barrel) thru P&D. I had a Nikon Scope mounted on it, bore sighted from P&D i finally had the time to go shoot it last weekend. I bought 6 boxes of Remington Premier Accutip Sabot Slugs 12gauge 3 inch ($25x6 boxes) a box for 5 slugs. Had the gun on the gun sighting stand & a big target at 100yards.

Fired a few shots all missed the 4ftx2ft board & target, moved the target to 50 yards, fired a few more shots, missed all of them, moved the target to 25 yards, again missed all shots, couldn't believe it wasted $50 dollars in ammo already. Had to walk up to the target 15 yards away just to barely hit the leg of the target in the bottom right, adjusted the scope a bit fired a few shots, once i could hit the board at 50 yards, i shot to try and hit the 100 yard target, missed. had to crank the scope up 96 clicks roughly & 48 clicks left. Now im hitting the 100 yard target i have about 8 shots left, I aim at the bulls eye every time each shot would shoot sporadically, one would hit bottom left 8 inches from bullseye then top left tried fine tuning the scope. would try to fire 3 consistent shots and they would be all over the board, two shots left aim at the same spot one hits 8 inches left the next hits 8 inches left and 8 down. ****ed that i wasted $130 in ammo.

Come back to Edmonton & on Thursday take it back to P&D for them to check the scope mounting hardware to make sure nothing came loose. They take it all off and re-do the process, re bore sight it, everything, great service, i tell them about me needing to crank the scope 150 clicks total & they say that should not happen and that with bore sight the gun should hit the target at 100. I told them i bought 3 different kinds of ammo to test & they said if it still does it, its the gun that's the problem.

Friday i head out to sight it in again, set up the target at 100 yards, i bought 4 boxes of Hornady SST 2 3/4" Sabot Slugs $15 a box, 2 boxes Federal Premium 3" Trophy Copper Sabot Slugs $20 a box & 2 boxes of Winchester Dual Bond 3" Sabot Slugs $27 a box. (gun can shoot 2 3/4" & 3" slugs) Took a shot missed, took one more see its hitting the ground to the bottom right of the target, Crank the scope 100 clicks up & 50 clicks to the left( now i do not touch the scope for any of the following shots). Now im hitting the paper i aim at the center bullseye i shoot 13 shells of the Hornady, all over the place zero consistency or accuracy one would hit the edge of the bullseye then one 6 inches away then one 8 inches away from those 2 etc, shoot 4 shells of the Fed premium, all over the place 4-8 inches in all random directions some miss the board, Shoot 2 shells of the expensive Winchester ammo, one hit the left of the bullseye & one hit bottom right of the target. So i gave up & stopped using ammo.

Then i noticed on 3 shells the gun tore a hole in the edge of the shells, same type of hole on each shell .....

The 3 near bullseye were not consistent shots or from the same brand of round

So now with last weekend and this weekend i have wasted over $200 in ammo with zero progress so i phone P&D to ask what i do next, they say i have to go thru Winchester warranty & that i have a 1 yr warranty & P&D emailed me the number to call. Im going to call Monday morning & explain all this to them, I have zero confidence in this gun & if i have zero confidence i will not hunt with it, I pretty much want a new gun.

Has anyone dealt with Winchester warranty before? Are they good to deal with ? & also do you guys agree the gun is f****d? Do you think they will reimburse me for $200 in ammo or send me some Winchester ammo?