View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 07:22 PM

Default update on the project

I need to touch up the paint, but I have it just enough weighted to sink the way I want it to. Or win a derby ! 1 thing I will remember for the next one, I forgot to weigh the fish first, I knew it needed 4 ounces but I had to add some to the first pours to get it.
I painted it first, because Im different. I put 2 eyes on top in case I need to adjust it, can always add another further back if I need to. Im not sure if the fins are big enough to get the proper glide, if not Im thinking maybe just do some oversize out of clear plexi or something and add to the wooden fins. then again Im hoping a big pike will bust it up then I will redo them all of metal. the tail is metal so i can bend it a bit to adjust the swim pattern.
as for the pattern/color , Ive always done great with red and white spoons, so I figured why not. 5 O' Diamonds have never been good to me, 60 years of fishing and I dont think Ive caught 2 pike on that pattern, just the way it goes. then again Im going to paint another one like that just for poops and giggles. My lovely lady got me a bandsaw for Santa day so Im going to try several fish patterns to get better at it then I can do more detailing as I practice. Next one will be a Lake White. didnt realize how much I missed my art the past 3 years but it seems to be coming back Its so awesome to be able to merge hobbies and passions, like a good number of members on the forum. A whole lot of talent here folks!!!! not me, them!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20221214_182924.jpg (25.0 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg 20221214_182957.jpg (22.7 KB, 206 views)

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich