View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
Good job on making the lure. Maybe if you had some bait on the hook the fish may have taken it.
the second pike did take the lure, got toothmarks and scratches on it. it didnt want to try hard though because the lure still smelled bad from the fresh varnish and paint, I think a big fish once its cured will likely just inhale it.
I need to change my fin design, Id been curious what wooden pecs would do if it got bit, now I am thinking of soft fins so they can bite down hard and take the hook. I also have a couple ideas on finless lures I want to try. I could hang a minnow or something off the back hook you are right that would have hooked it up. I think a lure with soft fins wouldnt need the tail hook the fish would be able to just eat the whole thing and get the front treble. Im loving this creating something that actually brings in fish its even more satisfying than tying my walleye flies, hopefully the lures will bump up my personal best walleye too!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich