View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
The aspect of feeding people in a native community is one that would never have crossed my mind. Had never heard of that, but it’s interesting.

If this were the case, and it was anything resembling a common and accepted practice, I would bet my life savings he would not have lost his career over it.

It is a bizarre story to be sure, and I was the one who shared it with the OP.

I will say this, it is always unfortunate when one act defines a career, but with the situations officers would face on a daily basis, judgement has to be a strong suit.

On this day, for this dude, it was anything but. I hope he lands on his feet somewhere, but not on a police force.
If my suspicion is correct....

The issue would be that he shot his vehicle.
This would be near impossible to hide from superiors outside of the district, and from the public that keeps an eye on the RCMP.
Rather than trying to cover up the whole event, which if it then became public knowledge would create an even bigger scandal, this officer was thrown on the sword.

Not long ago, the RCMP harvesting food for the Indians was a common practice, a duty according to the Treaties. I'm sure it still occurs today in remote communities, off the books and out of sight.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."