View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
By what 7 people on Facebook or links ,maybe 1 or 2 who he busted on the res ,he lost his job and is still going to court. Losing your job is a million dollar fine in the future .He will have a criminal record for life ,not a one year ban from hunting or a 3k fine like most guys get.

You wouldn't last a week at his job in those places. Have you been up the way and looked in the store freezer. Fresh meat is what you shoot . I have been up that way a couple times and I wouldn't last a week either doing his job.

Most folks have zero for fresh meat, yet our government sends billions to other counties . Maybe walk in his shoes for a week watching the life styles up where he is , it's makes a jail sentence a cake walk .

It's okay to sit in your ivory tower taking pot shots at bad cops and yes I do agree there's a different standard of fines at times ,but 6 were killed since the beginning of the year. You never write about those guys ,just the guys that fit your style and attitude .

There's way more better cops then bad cops and the day I'm in trouble I won't be afraid to call one for help or save my family .

The justice system is flawed and has been since lord knows when ,that's because humans in every walk of life go sideways at there job. Human behavior at the highest level has bad eggs in them ,the count seems higher these days . We live in times where the LEO's themselves are asking themselves what in the hell am I doing this for .

When you see your PM stealing billions to line all his buddies pockets , a bad couple shooting across the hood or taking a caribou for food is peanuts in my book . FOR FOOD .

Fire away anyway you want ,you painted your portrait years ago on this topic.

Cheers
JD
How do you know if he will be convicted, and will have a criminal record? The Calgary officer recently charged with firearms violations received a conditional sentence, to avoid him having a criminal record, and this person could get the same.
Everything else that you posted is irrelevant, what matters is that he chose to illegally attempt to poach caribou without a license, outside of the season , with a banned firearm, while he was using a vehicle and firearm, paid for by the taxpayers. He made that choice, and if convicted, he will suffer the consequences.

Quote:
Life isn't fair, you should have by now figured this out... In your previous profession, you and many more were granted special privilege's, like myself, which those who are or were not in this industry did not receive... You volunteer your time at a gun range, do you want anyone to believe that you are treated the same as other members who don't have a direct connection to that range like yourself ?
So which special privileges did I enjoy, because I worked in the oilsands industry? Which laws did I not have to observe, which property could I use that people outside of the industry couldn't? As for volunteering at the range, which special privileges do I enjoy? Which range rules do I not have to obey? I get to spend my own money for the fuel that I burn to travel to the range, and to meetings, and to go around for parts or supplies to maintain the range. I get to spend 100 hours or so of my own time, which saves the club thousands of dollars per year. The one benefit that I get, is a volunteer dinner, that if I added up my annual expanses, likely costs me $800 to $1000 per year in fuel and expenses. I volunteer, because ranges don't run themselves, without someone volunteering, there is no range, it's really that simple. There is a good reason that we never have to vote for an executive, that being that nobody else wants to volunteer to take over a position.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 02-12-2023 at 12:08 PM.