View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
Well myself, being in the Energy Industry, have had more than enough perks which I did not have to pay for nor claim as taxable benefits.

My volunteering over many years has allowed me privilege's beyond the scope of volunteering as well. Like yourself, I spend countless hours and my personal monies but can admit again there are perks the average person or member does not receive.

I guess we see things a lot different... I know I'm not perfect, I am a realist though and can be honest about my experiences.
I had company provided transportation, but that is by no means exclusive to the industry that I was in, and it wasn't to benefit employees, as much as it was to try and get people to ride the buses, because the highway was already far too congested. And we didn't get discounts on fuel, like some companies. As to ranges, at my previous range, I could shoot skeet whenever I pleased, but due to our location, that is not possible at my current range.

And most importantly, I would have received bo special treatment from the legal system, because of the industry that I worked in. If I broke the law, I would have to answer for it, and if I was using company property, I would have to answer to the company as well.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 02-12-2023 at 12:36 PM.