Thread: Flu Shots
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 11:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
This is a very good and robust debate. I have heard commentors say that people working with seniors should be required to have there shots. The question I would ask is , if the seniors have had there shot and the vaccine provides such good protection then why should it matter if there health provider has had the shot?
I don't care if people get there shot or don't. That is an individuals choice. What I object to is the fear mongering. I also object to the vilification and derision heaped on people who make a educated decision one way or another about there own body. I was having a conversation with a person about this topic and the lady ranted on about " those people" who don't get there flu shot. It was funny when at the end of her rant she asked if I had in fact had my flu shot. She was so embarrassed. What this conversation made me realize was how powerful the media was in making people think a certain way. Frankly it's scarey how easy it is to take a segment of our population and turn them into a boogeyman.

Jus remember this when it's something you like or do or believe in that gets targeted. It's always easy point at the other guy
Makes more sense to force everyone to have the damn shot than just one small segment oif society.
Its about herd strength folks.
Besides, anyone advocating an infringment on the rights of medical personnel...should not mind theirs being equally infringed upon.