View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 11:39 PM

Thanks for the compliments fellas, it was a lot of fun to think and plan out. I learned a lot from the posts here, and from advice of board members here on the forum. Hey if it were'nt for Dark, I would've spent at least a hundred more bucks on supplies, thanks again for the good advice Dark.

As far as price, not including my labour it was about 510 bucks total including everything: Stove, pipe, lumber, sled, pretreated ply, hardware, canvas, rope and EMT. Luckily I have a shop that I can use on my free time, during all this cold I would never have gotten it done as fast as I have. Thank you work for the keys to the shop and tools!

As far as plans, I found them on here, I used the suggestions from Alberta Diver and the plans he dug up, to build the shack to my needs. Thanks to Alberta BigBore for the help as well, you guys have been a great help.

I looked at a few different options; Ice Cube, and the Eskimo tents. For a tent that seats 4 snugly I was looking at just under a thousand bucks for a tent that folds out of a sled. Then I still have to heat it, without a woodstove I might add. The woodstove is the best!! Talk about awesome! I can cook my catch right there in the shack! Fresh coffee - NOW!

The floor is solid, and it does not fold up. The only thing that I would do differently now that it is done, I would not use 3/4 inch ply for the walls. It adds unneccessary weight, and in the cold, weight is not friendly. I would use 3/8 ply, which would save considerable weight and money.

With all that being said, I am more than happy with it! I hope to get a lot of use out of it this winter! WHERE'S THE BURBOT!!!!!!!