Thread: Blowgun!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonmark View Post
I only ask this question under this thread because I really don't know where it should fit in and it has the word 'gun' in it's name.

Anyways, does anyone know why a blowgun is a prohibited weapon in Canada? I realise that many weapons are deemed prohibited for what’s seems to be no reason at all besides it's 'scary' look or demeanour. Why the blowgun? Surely it can’t be because it’s silent. If that were the case a bow should be next on the list. No? My digging around has only uncovered that it’s a lethal weapon to larger animals if the tip is poisoned. Although, we have many other tools at our disposal that are far more dangerous. I must be missing something.

I’ve been watching a lot of videos of guys dispatching small game with these suckers and it looks like a lot of fun. I really wish we could take part in this type of small game hunting. I think dropping a grouse or rabbit with a blowgun would be a wicked thrill!

Thanks in advance
Probably because some bureaucrat envisions someone being assassinated by a poisoned dart from a blowgun slipped into a sleeve.

-Billy Currington (People are crazy)

Currently retired from hunting due to injury, but looking to get back on the wagon in 2020. Up in Yellowknife and missing my Alberta home big time.

This is the kind of thinking we are up against, vote Conservative this election!

Full Thread: https://imgur.com/a/y7RARBC