View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 01:58 PM

There’s some pretty good shows on YouTube now for hunting. I enjoy Randy Newberg and the stuff from GoHunt. Seem like normal hunting trips to me, and a good story usually. Whether that’s getting people involved in the sport or not I don’t know.

In saying that more hunters is better for all of us, along with firearms owners. The bigger the group the more pull we will have politically where we could see new opportunities emerge like the Grizzly hunt or looser gun control laws. With a larger group we’d also see more companies popping up to support the sport which will advance the gear we use. It may also result in more rifle ranges being built. Something sorely lacking in Alberta is long rifle ranges where you can shoot to 1000yards.

Just my 2 cents but as hunters I believe we should be trying to get more people into hunting. Not trying to block them from entering and hoping we’ll protect our own opportunities. If our group gets small enough, make no mistake hunting will be done.

Kind of a side post, but had to respond to the guys who are saying there’s too many hunters on public land. I’m lucky to see a hunter once I’m off the road and hiking. Also Covid numbers skew things, as many people weren’t able to travel so used their vacation time to go hunting.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill