View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowdowncowtown View Post
I guess I should have clarified "many hours" lol. I drive a lot of long distances for work so I consider something like 4-5 hours to be a quick drive, vs. the person I was responding to saying "90 minutes outside of Calgary".

Like I said, not a big problem for me, I think a little 8-10 hour trip up north for less crowds and more tag availability is no big deal, but I also understand the frustration of seeing formerly quiet spots overrun with new people.
This is a temporary thing with regards to a lot of hunters in spots. Most of the hunters I know are older baby boomers who only have like 10 years of serious backcountry hunting left. If we want hunting to continue we need to get younger people into it IMO.

Also agree on the driving. I have permission on private land close to home, but nothing beats a good hunting trip spending a week in the bush up north or out west.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill