View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 09:22 AM

Considering the population growth in AB in the last 50 yrs, the limited amount of public land and numbers of types of usage on them, land been opened for oilpatch and logging, it is what it is, crowded in some areas. Not nearly like some areas of the US. I suppose if I lived in the US and could afford to hunt 4 states and take an elk or muley in each one, I might do it. May be for turkeys too. They have far better habitat than we do for a lot of things.
Used to watch some hunting shows when I had cable TV, can`t be bothered with them for the most part now that I haven`t, in the last 10-12 yrs. Watched a few to see what people were talking about, haven`t been impressed very much by any of them. They are making a living at it in a lot of cases, more power to them. Some get carried away and get desperate to do stuff to stay in business, and get busted for doing that desperate stuff, some have been around so long they get boring, only so many things and ways to do stuff. Some are hung up on record books, 30 yrs from now, probably nobody will know who they are anyway, so, it means squat in the long run. Lots of younger folk here have little or no knowledge of Jackie Bushman as one example, or maybe Chuck Adams. How many under 40yr olds have watched Bing Crosby etc., shooting birds, etc., old American Sportsman shows, etc., and have a clue who the people back then were.