View Single Post
Old 01-09-2023, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Don’t need to drive or hike for hours to get away from others. I have been hiding from other hunters in busy locations in both Alberta and BC successfully for years. I hunt 95% public land too

It’s not hard just don’t look for locations the same way as everyone else’s and target different terrain then most. Don’t think and act like others basically

One tip majority of hunters think they need to drive and hike farther than everyone else to avoid other hunters

Outside of telling you to think differently than other hunters I am not giving anymore information because I don’t want to start running into others lol

As much as hunters want to say there is Hunters everywhere only a small fraction of bush/mountains are being hunted
Like at a lake, dad always laughed. The people on this side boat to the other side as the fishing has to be better there while passing the boats coming from the other side to fish where you just came from.

We have also found some sweet spots just off the highways while many beat the muddy roads for km's and km's to get away from everyone. Not saying I have not been that guy who goes way back to get further away. Done both.