View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Good for you, I have the Miroku 1886. I bought it about a year before Wholesale Sports went down.

It’s a fun gun to shoot, only thing I hate on mine is the rebound hammer,
I’m old school and wish it had the half cock.

I read on the internet that there was a fix for it so I called a few gun smith’s, but none seemed to interested in looking at it.

Enjoy the new gun it’s a good looking piece, but sleep with one eye open for a while, just in case your lady finds out.
The rebound hammer, safety, and main spring are the lawyer’ing things about the Mikoru 1886 I don’t like. Being on a wait list for as long as I was, it didn’t occur to me that there may have been other options. The Pedersoli doesn’t have that sillly hammer or a safety. But it also doesn’t have a half cock either, which is disappointing.

But the smoothness of the action and loading gate, as well as the fit and finish far outweigh that disappointment. That wood is also beautiful, as well as the case hardened finish. And the accuracy is just the icing on the cake.

I am pleased. The guys in the USA CAS forum seem to think I made a really good choice. So far, it’s been a fun piece of kit.

Last edited by 6MT; 02-02-2023 at 09:09 PM.