View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado_knight View Post
We been hunting out in white court together and felt maybe a closer day trip to cooking lake. He picked up a bow license and we headed out. As first season out I wasn’t expecting to get a deer and if i sightings where good is pick one up at lunch for afternoon hunt or let my buddy with the general deer tag take the shot.

We see nothing and head back to the truck to be greater by fish and wild life. Unfortunately I guess that area you need a special deer license for strath and a general WT isn’t good enough. She was nice educated we apologized and explained our thinking and where nothing short of apologetic and cooperative.

We both ended up getting slapped with hunting with out a license ticket and a court date. She didn’t seize the bow or anything due to our co operation with her. But how screwed am I. I realize I made a big mistake afterwards by checking I hunter witch says sept 1-nov 30 is WT general archery. But it’s a private app and I should of went back to reading the regs better.
Were you "out near cooking lake" or were you in the Cooking Lake-Blackfoot PRA? Because it sounds more like you were in the PRA and didn't have the required permits.