View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter_spec View Post
I was in your shoes last year, although, my mistakes was different then yours. I thought I would get only a warning as well but I ended up with a court date and being classified as a poacher. My mistake was to let my dad dropping me off on a land I have permission on and to let him walk to his blind by himself. My dad is not from Alberta. I was 1.6 km away from where my dad’s stand was .It is an illegal act to let someone from another province walk to his stand by himslef in Alberta as we are responsible for their security. They seized my dad’s weapon and gave me a court date. They ruined our hunt and the result of that is my dad don’t even want to hunt here in Alberta anymore. I was trying to be cooperative like you but in the end, these wildlife officers have quotas to fill overt year so can justify their jobs. Ask me if I’ll ever cooperate with one of these guys in the futur. They were trying to remove my hunting rights for 2 years and give me a 3000$ fine. I got away with 500$ fine and I kept my hunting rights.
For every person who thinks they made just a mistake and it’s no big deal there is another who willfully breaks the law .
F&W don’t make the rules nor do they set the fine ,the court did that.
You say you will never cooperate with them again but think what would have happened if you had not and you father hadshot an animal while they were talking to you with them knowing full well where he was.
It is not a good idea to be so cavalier about the law
Cat