View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beazer View Post
Sure, if you like sitting for hours drinking beer.lol
Your entitled to use it, but I wish those things were banned.
You get too many lazy fisherman if you can call them that that get a pickerel rig jammed in rocks/weeds, then cut their line. Screws up the pond, and makes life that much harder for guys/gals that fish seriously. Gets caught in props, lines etc. Never mind the miles of line they leave on the shore at the same time.

I would rather fish on a videogame, you'd be less lazy that way.
Seems a lot of people have a low opinion of the ol' pickerel rig, and I can see why. When I finally got myself set up for fishing again, I wanted to give the NSR a shot. After asking around (before I got on this forum) the ONLY thing people were telling me to use out there was a pickerel rig. I agree with you that it's a pretty passive way to fish, not terribly entertaining. I don't think I'd even consider using a rig in a pond or anything like that, for the reasons posted already.

Back to the topic at hand, both spoons and Raps have their place, and depending on the day, one may work better than the other, though purely as a matter of personal preference, I like spoons. They're easier to cast out a decent distance and they're less expensive so I don't have to get too choked when I lose one.