View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 02:30 PM

Smile

Hey guys I have tied wire worms before but just San Juan's for the rivers. I am interested in tying up and selling a bunch of WW for whites in the lakes. I have a few questions for you guys.

First of all what size and shape of hook are you tying them on? I have every hook under the sun. So nailing it down to a specific hook or shape will help. Do you use a curved hook? Straight hook? Or somewhere in between?

Is there any color combinations that you have found to be better than the other? Is there days when a white one works better than a red? Or a green one better than a black?

Also what colors of beads seem to work best? I've got the whole gammet of colors. So it's only a matter digging into my supplies.

The other thing I was curious about is I read through this thread and I believe someone said that it's best to try to have your fly horizontal to the line. Has anyone tried tying a balanced wire worm? Much like the balanced leech patterns. I'll post one of my balanced leeches as a comparison. I make them with a pin that I extend out from a jig type hook. On the pin I put a brass, a tungsten, or a glass bead. I think having that pin extended out along with a bit of extra wire will aid in having the WW horizontal.

Ballanced leech pattern. Do you think a WW in this style will be effective?

Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not post it.
Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ballanced Leech.jpg (51.0 KB, 766 views)