View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
I don't see the need for the average citizen to have body armour. We do not live in a society where you risk your life walking to the store every day. There are very few incidents of gunfire, and those incidents that do happen are between known people.

When I bought my body armour, I had to produce a document showing that I needed it due to my job. I was heading to Kabul to work on a UN contract. No problem buying the armour. I don't wear it here. I was asked about it by customs but showed my UN id, and problem solved.
Why should the risk of injury/death have to be greater than it already is, for it to be ok for me to do something that doesn't put anyone else in ANY danger?
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship.