View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
I only answered the questions asked and I 100% agree that if they are banned here then smuggling will increase. But right now B&E's and "straw purchaser" are the preferred method to obtain firearms for criminal use.

So the Liberals believe that banning certain firearms will remove 2 options for criminals to obtain a firearm (ie. If SKS are banned then they can not be purchased or stolen) If this happens would smuggling be able to increase enough to fill the void? or Would the number of crime firearms be reduced?

They are never going to get all the guns away from criminals but the police should at least attempt to limit or combat the ways criminals are obtaining firearms.

If you look at the 3 methods that criminals are obtaining guns...

1. Straw Purchaser
2. Theft
3. Smuggling

I don't feel banning firearms will really solve anything. Maybe they can use the tax payers dollars to combat these problems in a proactive manner?

Better screening on PAL applicants?, education to home owner and gun owner and home safety and security?, increase searches at ports of entry?

These are things the authorities can enforce and control. Stiffer penalties and changes to laws are for the politicians.
At what point is my locked house an invitation to steal my property. Putting all the blame on victims of crime is not the way to do thing's.

You are dealing with criminals who don't care what laws are in place.

How many more laws do we need to make to reinforce the existing ones that get broken?

Straw purchases would happen with a registry in place. There was a gun store that was doing this with the hell angles involved .
http://panow.com/article/512424/gun-...arges-tally-19

Criminals will always find a way.