View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 10:25 PM

Default The Chopping Block

I have used the chopping block for two of my deer last year and I know a couple of other fellows that have used them. Its a father-son operation, pretty small place (mind you Glenwood is a pretty small village!)

They did a fine job on my two deer. $.49/pound hanging weight for the basic processing. Drop it off and go back and pick it up cut/wrapped/frozen. If I remember correctly one of my deer was $54.00 last year

One fellow had some pepperoni and jerky made by them, but it was overdone-very dry. If you are looking for the basic stuff done-use them-otherwise try Mountain Sausage for the speciality stuff. I like the Mtn Sausage jerky and pepperoni.

If you have any interest, it does not take much to cut and wrap your own. I learned from reading stuff here on this forum and other sites on the net. The library has some books as well. My first attempt at butchering was not pretty, but I believe that I will become better with more practice. If it is cool enough, I will be processing more of my deer at home.

Hope that helps!

"It is not the shirt on the man, but rather the man in the shirt"