Thread: Alberta Bass?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 02:36 PM

Just to throw you a curveball. I know of several lakes in Alberta which unnamed individuals from the last ( 4 years ) on this forum have bucketed and brought large and smallmouth from BC lakes into Alberta lakes.

1. I'm sure you know the lakes because it was a complete disaster, the bass took over the lakes and now all the trout are gone. Can you guess which one ?

NOPE !!! you can't because the non native alberta theory is badly flawed. In fact none of the bass dropped in these lakes were ever caught or seen again ( again unnamed individuals who DID place bass in certain lakes in their proximity in southern and central Alberta )

2. Lakes like Invermere, Skaha, Ossoyoos, Christina BC carry introduced Bass, in fact every BC lake with them was introduced. Did this species devastate trout populations ? Is Skaha and Ossoyoos a bass only lake ?

NOPE, those lakes exists as they did before with no impact on the other species. The species co-exists with no damaging effects other then some bass are stunted in size and take longer to get big.

Therefore even if you went on a bucket brigade ( which really is a racist way of identifying asains fishing because i know theres that bit of redneck in all albertans ) Your case in invasive non-native species is defunct.

If your own Natural Resources dumped bass into alberta lakes many moons ago. Means they made the effort, it was likely expensive and it didn't work. Its not the type of project you want to repeat. and it has nothing to do with non native.

Discussion OVER