View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
Same here, it has nothing to do with the cartridges... more to do with the people that I've hunted with who love these cartridges. The type of people who think that shooting a .300 mag proves their superior virility, the guys that call anything smaller a pea-shooter, when they tell you what they shoot its like a grand proclamation their voice drops a couple of octaves when they get to the "MAGNUM" part...

I've never really seen a need for any magnum, but to me the .300 Mags in particular are like Tapout shirts, lifted duallys, and chrome testicles for you truck.
That's why I hunt solo ,i couldn't care less what another guy shoots,lotsa military guys and vets are very fond of there 300 win and there's a very good reason and it sure ain't ego or chrome testicles ,it's there tool to do a job right and the 300 win is a fine tool,i don't own one at this moment ,but owned a few ,but it's a great cartridge and it's in the hands off ,secret service ,military snipers,police officers ,swat teams and many a proud hunter who think and know the capabilities of this round.There's many reason's to own one and it has nothing to do with the word magnum,to me it's a 300 win.