View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 06:14 AM

Not sure where so much .270 hate comes from? It shoots about as flat as most magnums, hits hard enough to kill a moose, and has very tolerable recoil. I guess I sort of have trouble wrapping my hear around which part of that is so undesirable? Ditto on the 30-06.

Personally I don't even care about the cartridge, as I don't feel it much matters. Give me a gun that doesnt weigh too much, isn't too long, and isn't over scoped... in practically anything bigger than .243, and I'll happily hunt anything you want. Though if its a .300 mag I might wear a bag over my head until I get far enough into the bush than nobody can see me

If I have one bias its against Tikka's, all my formative shooting years were spent with Mauser based rifles, and as a result, to me, Tikka's just feel like toys. I could probably learn to tolerate them if they cost less, but no way am I spending that kind of money on them. I've had plenty of cheap rifles that shot good, and that's just what they were... their accuracy alone didn't make them worth $900.