View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Caper View Post
I had an 'oltimer tell me today to pee in a jug and let it sit for a week. then take the jug of pee and pour it on the ground where i am hunting. he says it will bring in "so many deer you will need a machine gun!".

does human urine attract deer? i know that i pee very close to my blind. i have left apples right where i have been laying and peeing (but not laying in my pee) and the deer have taken the apples...

what are your thoughts?
After a very short time any pheramones in deer urine disipate, and you are left with pretty basic stuff!
I went to a tree farm down south one year to help out the farmer who was having deer trouble.
he tried everything, human hair hung in trees , mothballs, all the so-called tricks.
I explained to him that he was dealing with conditioned deer, and that stuff would not bother them.

he had some shacks on the property , and near some cherry trees I laid out some urine that I had collected over the past few days, and made up a mock scrape.
The next morning the scrape was over twice its size, and there had been at least four different deer that we could see that had used it.
needless to say there was a few taken from it in a few animals short days!
Does anyone remember Michigan Outdoors?
Fred Trost proved decisively that deer lure was a gimmick, and that any ol' urine would work.
I especially liked the Aqua Velva scrape - the deer wents nutz on it!!
Cat

Last edited by lilsundance; 10-05-2009 at 08:02 PM. Reason: language in quote