View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
Hunterdave, I was just curious as to your interest in these lakes as you are so oppossed to the proposed changes. There are another 15 or so lakes and ponds within 30 mins of K lakes that also get stocked to pull fish from, so I guess I am just not sure why making regs on these 2 are a problem. If they stop having to put 34,000 fish into K lakes all the time, they can start putting more of those fish into other areas to be pulled out for those that need to keep what they catch.

I also pay my fee's for fishing, and I would much rather my money go into enforcement and more CO's than growing fish for ppl to stock freezers with. The govt doesn't raise deer and elk for the hunters, so why are we doing it for fish? If hunting was run the way that fishing is I am sure that you would get real upset and would want changes also.
I'm not so opposed to the proposed changes as, more like, I don't understand the logic other than making it easier for adults to catch bigger fish. Nothing else has been presented. I reserve the right to change my mind though if the proposal is studied and presented in such a way that it convinces me that it is a good idea.

Growing bigger fish is not going to stop people from stocking their freezers. In fact, IMHO it would contribute to freezers getting stocked as much or more with bigger fish. Perhaps that is a valid point for this discussion. Maybe people figure that they can stock their freezer with bigger fish. If the possession limit is one fish, is everyone going to eat that one big fish before going back out to catch another one? Hmmmm.....food for thought.

Good comparison! The government doesn't tell me that I can only shoot a certain sized whitetail buck either. If they did, you bet that I'd be upset!!!!

Big game is a sustainable resource if it is managed correctly. Fishing can be as well in bodies of water where fish can spawn successfully. I think that a good start in those bodies of water would be to LEAVE the bigger spawners in those bodies of water and only take out the eating sized fish.