View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 12:38 PM

Hit Gull for some whites Saturday AM. First light. Saw zero. I did manage 2 walleye though - one a typical class B and the other a fat 5 lber.

Left for Sylvan and made it on the North side at around 11 a.m. Took a bit to see some whites but had one typical little one first and then saw and missed - 3 times - a really big white. Big as in at least 2 lbs which is big for Sylvan. Also hooked and lost 2 pike in the same spot and 1 walleye. Moved around a lot in afternoon hole hopping and covering a lot of depths. No more than 5 min a hole. Found some really big whites which surprised me. Hard to say but I'm guessing 2lb+ Good to see! Hooked 2 of them and lost both right under the hole...sigh. Very aggressive though. Usually the would have the hook in their mouth before I did anything so came in fast and took it fast. I don't think my hooksets were good. I did manage to land a nice walleye around 3 lbs and hooked and lost a 10 lb pike - got to fight it for a few mins though.

I came home with one white on the small side. Still, not bad. I wonder how the morning would have been. Also the size of the some the whites was very encouraging. I'll be back