View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
You also need to look at who is doing the reviews. In some cases the same people may own an A400 and a Baikal, but for the most part, the person that buy a Baikal made their choice based almost entirely on price, and they will never own an A400 or a SBE2, or a Maxus to compare the Baikal to. As such, these people don't expect the fit and finish or the handling or the features of a higher end shotgun, so their review is based on a lower set of expectations than most people reviewing an A400, or a SBE2.
Yes this is true but a 5 star rating after 79 reveiws is still impressive. Most other ones are under 20 reveiws and already have a less than perfect rating. As far as many of the buyers never owning a more expensive shotgun I would again look at the video I posted earlier and I can assure you that gentleman has owned more expensive rifles and still raves about the m3500. I know there are much better semi shotguns but for the $1500 and under I think this one is hard to beat. I guess I was just surprised no one else had mentioned it. Like someone previously posted its what ever fits best. That said when I purchased this gun I did a test. I shut my eyes and had the guy behind the counter hand me 3 shotguns in the $1500ish and under price range The rem Versa felt best but I still went with the Stoeger because of the positive reveiws and it also felt very comfortable.