View Single Post
Old 01-13-2024, 07:53 PM

I'm probably the least experienced person here, but happy to share my experience. I've also been using the lights out springs.

Last year I had a number of chew out. So I decided this year to make my own snares and hopefully reduce the issue. So far they have worked much better, very litte struggle on caught dogs. I think these 2 main differences helped:

I bought seneker shock locks for the snare lock. Very impressed with them, they hold like crazy. Much better than the cheap cam locks I used before.

I also extended my extension to 6 feet. The longer extension was only due to me being frustrated with big trees and not enough cable to get around them. But I think that length is also giving the coyote a bit of momentum when they hit the end of the cable to lock the lock tight and pop that spring.

From my experience, the LOS spring has worked well and I have not paid special attention to rigging them them. Used both sizes and they both work.

Interested to hear the more experienced guys on this. I've only caught 5 this year so small sample size.

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk