View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 06:08 PM

So I got my 10 days in PVR again. Spent a couple with a buddy in Bucerias for some dental work which was excellent by the way. If you need that service in the most modern place at about 60% cheaper than here let me know. Anyway about the fishing. Well this year was more typical for rain, so some discolor to the water. Also the time I booked was around the full moon so some big tides for 4 days which put the fish down for a couple and made tough fishing for another 2 days. But I think I caught around 25 fish in parts of 7 days so not too bad. Got my personal best Rooster @ around 40 lbs and many small Jacks at 10-20 lbs and one 5 lb snapper which made an awesome lunch. The best morning turned into a blitz when I caught 8 in just over an hour and also one pelican. My arms were burning after that with 4 in a row at one point. Lots of chasers too and large snappers sniffing around. I have to pick up my socks and get some lures for them as they are just a bit slower fish than the jacks and roosters and so need a bit different approach. But several 30 plus pounders chased my lures and one took a swipe at one of the jacks I caught and left some serious teeth marks.
So the backup rod I posted about came in handy as I broke my fancy custom half way thru and it performed well in casting and fighting fish so it is worth checking out if your into this fishing. Packs up to 48" and can carry it on going down. It is telescopic and seemed a little gimicky but after a few days I had full trust in it.
So the weather is hot and humid, your dripping with sweat by 9:30 am and fully cooked by noon but all that is forgotten when you hook into a nice one. I will see if I can get some pictures to post.