View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacation View Post
I think it's a great idea. When I got my mule in the badlands last year, it was at the bottom, close to the river, hell of a pack out. If your there for a while, you will get vantage, figure out movements. Plus I am sure there will be pressure up top, pushing critters your way. The hike up and down is very time consuming, we talked of camping out in the future...just to be able to get sited quitter and in a better location in the mornings. I think things will go great and you will have an awesome time. No to tech, nice to hear. Put more sport/challenge into it.
One of the nice things about hunting from the river, the recovery is nearly always downhill and all you have to do is get to the nearest bank, then come collect it with the canoe. You are for sure right, going the other way can often get pretty intense.

On a side note, the river you hunted along (assuming the Red deer?), was it frozen by November?