View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 10:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Point? Apparently it works.
Have you came up with the magic number for required ft/lbs of energy required to effectively harvest all big game in Alberta on your own? Judging by the poll results, your number is lower than the majorities (oh, and the rulemakers as well)
My point is you comparing a 22mag to a 223 is pretty laughable.

The magic number that's been thrown around North America for ages is 1000ft/lbs of energy, not something I've come up with on my own, unlike the numbers you've been throwing around.

I don't care about what the majority of people think, when one sheep jumps off a cliff others will blindly follow. I've been looking at this from a practical standpoint and based my decision on actual expirience people have documented along with the ballistic facts of the cartridge. You've ignored both the testimony of the people who have actually used the caliber in question as well as the ballistic facts of the cartridge and "the ol' boys" rule of thumb of 1000ft/lbs of energy.

I never said I would choose to use a 223 on deer, but that isn't what the question for this thread is. I think the 223 can effectively kill deer and may be the right choice for some hunters. You, and a few others are making up your own opinions on the cartridge based on your feelers, ignoring actual testimony as well as scientific facts and the ol' boys standard of the accepted amount of minimum energy required.

When it comes to the rule makers, there are more who allow the 223 than those who don't

Mic drop

Last edited by Kurt505; 08-10-2018 at 10:43 AM.