Thread: New 39 hrs
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 10:07 AM

So, I'm a bit of a 39H superfan...have seen S1 a billion times. Here's something I posted on a different forum (Manitoba based) where the consensus was that last night was a bit of a let down......

Random scatter-shot of thoughts......

-I like the idea of a pre-fish ep...

-I am already sick of Peric's "OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!".....are you six? Talk like an adult.

-Taro slipping on the dock is the funniest thing I've seen online in a really really long time...almost fell out of my chair

-The explanation of the sturgeon closure and the loopholes as explained by AW was interesting and perhaps slightly concerning but very thankful they didn't say where they were

-I know it's not against the rules, but I feel like the Konrads are almost "cheating" by flying into a lodge where the guides basically told them where to go to get monster lakers and pike.

-I know they're just playing it up for the cameras, but the Konrads attitude in this ep really has me pulling for any team but them

-If you watch 39H S1 and compare Aaron's overall personality/attitude/demeanor to what we saw last night, it kind of made me sad. He just really doesn't seem "into it". He was SO excited in S1....last night I kinda got the impression that he really didn't even wanna be there. Just how I felt watching it, anyhow.

I'm definitely not as disappointed as some are. We all had our hopes up so high because S1 was so incredible, and it's always tough to live up to those unrealistic expectations, but I thought it was a solid first ep. Once we get into the real stuff where they're really competing....it's going to get interesting for sure. Dropped fish by the side of the boat (remember Manny's lost sturgeon at PdB in S1??) will be excruciating and monsters that make it to the net will be euphoric....

I'm excited for next week, for sure...