View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouleerunner View Post
Allow me to put some of your missconceptions to rest on this subject.

SMRID did not pull any plug. We knew exactly why they put up the blocks, and is a real threat. A director on the board even came to explain this to us. This is a shallow launch, a small fluctuation in water can create issues for launching, users of this water body know this.

This is SMRID property, with SMRID water destined for irrigation. They do what is required for thier operations, and have every right to do what they need to do to supply thier ratepayers with what they need, including protection thier $4billion of infrastructure. They have been fantastic to deal with through the entire process to reopen this launch for recreational purposes. There is no malicious intent here. Period. Irrigators are calling for water in that area, some I even recommend, as such, causes a drop in levels.

As someone who works in the irrigation industry (not for SMRID), and someone who enjoys the recreation opportunities that is provided by SMRID, I thank them for thier cooperation, and the opportunity they provide me for employment in the agriculture industry, and recreational opportunities so close to home.

As much as I love to fish, I prefer to eat, and these farmers are helping to provide food for all of us, employment opportunities, and recreational opportunities. Thank them, do not condem them!
Thanks for posting kouleerunner. And thank you and the others for working to get it opened up.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.