View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishwhere View Post
Hey guys,

When fishing I do tend to be a but more of a loner and stay away from the crowds on the lake etc. but I should have picked up on a few small clues more actively that would have possibly helped someone if they were in trouble. I will now pay closer attention to other boaters in the distance to see what they are doing, and watch them longer than I normally would have. If I have any sort of a gut feeling something is weird go check it out quick, or get closer at least to see. And remember that a lot of these boaters are not necessarily experienced in any sort of way.
Had something like that happen last year on 40 Mile. Boat in the distance just looked "odd" and wasn't moving, got closer to see they had a life jacket on an oar and were waving it to get attention. They could not get the new to them boat into drive. Teamed up with another boat to tow them back and ferry some of the occupants (took weight off the tow line). Glad I listened to my instinct to check them out.