View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Banned

ultimately, IMO it all depends on what each individual is looking for in a line. All the braids will perform very similar, yet have subtle differences that satisfy the needs of different anglers. Personally, I am experimenting with a couple different types of braids. so far right now i am liking power pro right now for 2 main reasons. I do like the stiffness in it which makes tying knots quick and easy. the second reason is because i find that powerpro gets less ice buildup on it. and the very little ice that does form breaks off easily on my guides when reeling in. also doesnt freeze on my reels much. i have more problems with freezing guides than i do freezing line now. My opinion might change of power pro when open water comes but we will see.

Like i said. highly depended on what each angler wants out of the lines they use. some wont like power pro because of its stiffness.

That said, I understand what you guys are talking about when it comes to experienced anglers "endorsing" certain lines. I agree that i tend to listen to these respected anglers. but ultimately i still think people evaluate products differently based on their own needs. that doesnt make that other angler wrong, just values different qualities. but when i am going through and decided what lines to try next, thats when i listen to these guys and weigh their opinions