View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 10:53 PM

All of the braids I've used have had their ups and downs. I'll list my personal favorite braids from most to least favorite.

1. Power Pro. Pros: Very smooth through rod guides, great knot strength, very abrasion resistant, good shock resistance, and awesome sensativity, Cons: Looses colouration quickly, can be fairly tricky to handle and line strength deteriorates quicker than usual.

2. Stren Braid. Pros: Extremely smooth through rod guides,very limp, and awesome sensitivity.
Cons: Very poor abrasion resistance and very poor knot strength, poor shock resistance, and tricky to handle.

3. Fireline. Pros: Excellent shock resistance, good knot strength, great abrassion resistance, good sensativity, and very easy to handle.
Cons: Rough through guides.

4. Spider Wire. Pros: Much stronger than line rating, and good sensativity.
Cons: Horrible shock resistance, and questionable abrasion resistance and tricky to handle.

For flourocarbon, Vanish works great. Vanish dissapears very well and this is the only line that my buddy has caught whitefish on. If you go with vanish, make sure you test the knots. Vanish can have a very sketchy knot strength.

People can mess with life, but people can't mess with time.

Last edited by Jwood 456; 02-24-2011 at 11:02 PM.