View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
SCI Red Deer Mission Statement

SCI Red Deer & District Chapter Mission Statement

We will promote good fellowship among all who love the outdoors. Always working to educate and mentor people of all ages. We will champion conservation of the world’s renewable resources. Promoting proper management of fish and wildlife, while demonstrating the roles of hunting and fishing as the most responsible and effective means of conservation in a modern world. We will seek to build community, meet the needs of others and protecting our environment. A nonprofit organization promoting values, ethics and passion; in the hopes of creating and sustaining a bright future
for outdoor enthusiast, of all ages for many generations to come.

There is a bow hunting division within SCI.

The Bowhunters Chapter of Safari Club International

Mission Statement

“The Bowhunters Chapter of Safari Club International, in a cultural environment rife with anti-hunting sentiment, has, at its heart, the promotion and protection of bowhunting, and the rights of bowhunters, around the world. Accomplishing this mandate will require focusing the energy and resources of bowhunters, around the globe, on education, conservation and humanitarian efforts around the world, and providing a platform from which to recognize outstanding achievement in those areas, as well as in bowhunting itself. It is a foundational belief in the good and wholesome nature of our endeavors, practiced ethically and in a sportsmanlike manner, that is the cornerstone of our mission.”

What division would spear hunting and atlatl fall into?

LC
I can not speak for SCI as a whole and this for me is a very new discussion while we support regulation that sets minimum standards to insure the most ethical approach to give method of hunting is adhered to, my belief is that there would be support for people to pursue thier passion inclusive of spear hunts. I know that Mr. Nesbitt made great sacrifices of time and finance to get the first archery elephant tag 0001 I believe in Zim if my memory serves me correct. It was considered by many to be wrong and dangerous and unethical but he proved that it could be done ethically. I will bring this topic up with or Presidents at our meeting. In the end SCI is first for Hunters and Hunters rights so it is not likely that you will see us looking to take away a right to Hunt once again ethics is whats behind the Barrel, bow or Spear.
D.M.