Thread: Howdy Y'all!
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 03:42 PM

Default Howdy Y'all!

Just wanted to stop by and say hello y'all. Lurking here awhile and first time posting.

I am new to fly fishing and started late last year. I only was out twice. The first time friends took me out and really enjoyed myself. I was able to purchase most gear for a decent price. I learnt the basics from my pals but wanted to take a class to help me learn the correct way.

So today was only my third time out and first this year. I decided to hit Dogpound Creek. So far in my other outings I have yet to catch a fish let alone get even a nibble. As I worked my way upstream I actually got a bite 2 minutes in and was surprised more than anything. I reeled it in to my feet before the hook came out and lost what would have been my first fish on a fly rod. I was still pretty stoked. I believe I might actually catch a fish before the year is out.

No more strikes or fish for the next 5 hours. I still had a pretty good time hiking along the creek with my waders practicing casting. I was wondering has the creek changed a bunch? I went north from the #380 and water levels seemed very low.

I just wanted to stop by and say hello. My story doesn't compare to all the fish y'all catch, but you got to start somewhere.